The program must be able to allow the user to easily search for someone who has booked before.
It was easy to dream about. And collecting the phone number would be easy; all I had to do was insert an extra textbox into my UserForm and tweak the macro. Like pie.
The problem was searching for that particular number.
Before, I had come across some tutorial that suggested VLOOKUP(). It was insanely complicated, used a bunch of things I didn’t understand, and then, when I copied it, letter-for-letter; it didn’t work.
So I was put off searching by phone number and decided to dedicate my time to finishing it all off instead.
This thing taught that there was a function in VBA called “Find”, and it would simply call on the Excel’s wonderful Find dialog and then find it like that.
And so, because there was no harm in doing so, I tried it out. And tried again when I realised I was working on the wrong workbook. The result was a working search system that really allowed me to search by phone number.
It actually works. I can simply enter a phone number (or any string, in fact) and search for it by pressing the button. Everything — the names, the birthdate, the email address — all updates automatically. And with a bit of extra programming, I managed to add in extra buttons that took the user to the other UserForms I had created before, to allow them to change the booking details or personal particulars.
This was a breakthrough change. Now, I’m almost complete with the entire system. Only a couple more tweaks left.
Good luck to me!
- You have (1) New Message (rememberdesign.wordpress.com)
- How To Send Emails From An Excel Spreadsheet Using VBA Scripts (makeuseof.com)