Futuristic technology is always interesting. I mean, as long as someone’s done it right, their perceptions of future technology could be considered highly realistic. There aren’t many limitations, after all.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZkHpNnXLB0&rel=0]
I found this video really interesting — detailing a life in where glass plays such an inevitable role. Everything — from the new television to communication to education — is highly centred around glass. While this is great for Corning, the producer of the video, it also shows the possibilities that the future might hold.
Indeed, we’re not too far from a glass-dominated world. Already, most of our devices use a display in some way. Using glass in them would not be hard — but coming up with commercialised electronic products that centre around glass is difficult. (It’s not unachievable, however.) But such technology would definitely play a part in the future. The question is, How much?
- Corning: A Day Made of Glass (unsocialsoul.wordpress.com)
- A Day Made of Glass: Taking a Look at the Future of Technology [Video] (geeksaresexy.net)
- Corning gives us incredible look at a glass-filled future (geek.com)
- Corning’s Vision of the Future Made Out of Glass (solsie.com)
- Video: Be mesmerized by the future of glass (futureoftech.msnbc.msn.com)